Twitter is a great way for activists to network with friends, compatriots and supporters in your country and around the world. The social networking tool has been important in many democratic revolutions.
- What Twitter is and how it works,
- Twitter in the real world (Five uses: spreading the word, social media campaigning, coordinating effective action, crowdsourcing, and personal security),
- Steps to organizing an activism campaign with Twitter,
- Advice for your Twitter campaign,
- Applications to help you use Twitter,
- Microblogging alternatives to Twitter,
- and more.
An English-language pdf of the manual is downloadable here: digiactive_twitter_guide_v1-0
Look here for more information on Twitter activism: